POSITION DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR /SINGLE ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD
New River Public Library Cooperative is a special independent district comprised of three counties (Baker, Bradford, Union) in north central Florida. There is one large city in each county, the county seat, where each library is located.
The Cooperative office is located in Lake Butler, FL. There are three FTE working in the Cooperative office. The Cooperative provides support services to the member libraries and provides outreach services to area schools, nursing homes, and child care centers.
Major Function: The director exercises independent professional judgment in the administration and management of the New River Public Library Cooperative in order to deliver library services to member libraries and library users of Bradford, Baker and Union Counties.
Reports to: New River Public Library Cooperative Governing Board comprised of six County Commissioners, two from each county.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with member libraries and staff, library users, community organizations, governmental agencies
- Oversees daily operation of the Cooperative, maintains office and equipment.
- Develops, updates, and implements programs, policies, plans, budgets.
- Develops programs of interest to all libraries in the Cooperative
- Applies for State Aid to Libraries
- Prepares reports for the State Library
- Applies for federal and other library grants
- Develops and implements program
- Prepares reports for the program and grant
- Develops, implements budgets
- Develops, updates, implements long range plan and annual plan of service as needed
- Develops, updates, implements library resource policy as needed
- Develops, updates, implements personnel policy and purchasing policy as needed
- Develops, updates, implements technology plan as needed
- Manages SirsiDynix integrated library system and serves as system administrator
- Advertises for, hires, supervises, and evaluates Cooperative staff; manages timeclock system
- Keeps abreast of library literature and trends
- Membership in professional organizations
- Attends training and professional development opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a Master’s Degree in library science from a library school accredited by the American Library Association
- At least four to six years, full time (40 hrs. per week) experience in public libraries, two years in administrative and/or supervisory capacity
- Valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record
- Advanced knowledge of principles, practices and methods of library science
- Advanced knowledge of MARC and RDA bibliographic record formats
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software.
- Knowledge of SirsiDynix integrated library system preferable
- Knowledge of computer networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to reach shelves seven feet above floor level and bend to reach shelves at floor level.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and substance screening.
- Level II background check required
Salary range: $45,000 - $52,000, depending on experience
Paid health insurance for employee
Senior management, Florida Retirement System
EOE, VPE, and drug free workplace.
To apply, send an email with cover letter and resume to Karen Cossey at: email@example.com