CITY OF PORT ST. LUCIE
invites applications for the position of:
Contract Specialist-Facilities Maintenance Department
SALARY: $22.82 Hourly -$47,465.60 Annually
OPENING DATE: 08/31/18
CLOSING DATE: 09/30/18 12:00 AM
This position is an Essential classification and is required to report to duty before, during, and after a civil emergency.
SUMMARY: Highly responsible position in the development, preparation and award of requests for quotes, and complete contract administration to ensure compliance and quality assurance of service contracts that are utilized by the FMD in accordance with the City's procurement ordinances and procedures. The Contract Specialist will collaborate closely with the Director of FMD.
- Knowledge of federal, state and City laws pertaining to contracts and contract compliance.
- Knowledge of governmental procurement policies, procedures, methods and legal requirements
- Knowledge of public procurement and contract administration.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including finance applications and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare records, reports, contract documents and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret project or building plans, bid specifications, contracts, and related documents associated with the responsibilities of this job.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, contracts, consultants, employees, other City officials and the public.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree from college or university in Public Business Administration, Procurement, Construction Management, Building Construction Technology or a related field is required. A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience in the private or public sector is required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Florida driver's license and maintenance of clean driving record.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
121 SW Port St. Lucie Blvd
Port St. Lucie, FL 34984