Facilities Maintenance Director
The salary range for this position is $92,050.07 - $117,363.83 D.O.Q.
This position will be posted until filled.
This position is an Essential classification and will require you to report to duty before, during and after a civil emergency.
Highly responsible senior management work directing the facility maintenance functions for the City. Under the general direction of the City Manager or designee, incumbent is accountable for some new construction, maintenance, and remodeling for all City facilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Capital Projects Management as applied to local government facilities construction, maintenance and security.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials and equipment utilized for facility construction and maintenance management as well as vehicle maintenance management.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state and local statutes, codes, ordinances and regulations. Knowledge of the various building and technical trades including occupational hazards and safety precautions. Knowledge of indoor air quality issues and regulations.
- Knowledge of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) principles and methods as well as scoring criteria for both existing and new structures. Comparable industry certification and/or licensing may substitute for LEED.
- Knowledge of the use and outcome expectation of the City-wide Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Skills and Ability to:
- Exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Manage in a team-based environment.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the work of middle management staff; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Make effective public presentations.
- Create and guide implementation of capital improvement plans or programs.
- Create plans for and guide implementation of major construction projects.
- Manage multiple activities and projects.
- Skill in the use of computers and related software packages, skill in the use of public presentation equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of a Bachelor's degree with major coursework in civil or mechanical engineering or closely related field and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in facility management including three (3) years supervision of middle management staff. A combination of equivalent training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
LEED AP O+M or comparable industry certification and/or licensing.
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License and maintenance of a clean driving history.