INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Operations Manager Community Development
Human Resources Department 7536 State Street
New Port Richey, FL 34654 (727) 847-8103
An Equal Opportunity Employer
$55,188.00 - $90,067.00 Annually
POSTING DATE: 05/25/18 CLOSING DATE: 06/14/18 GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Salary Disclosure: Starting Salary: $55,188.00 Pay grade: P-40
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Career Service Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Community Development
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Primarily responsible for the internal operations of a large urban community development and housing office that has programs for homeownership, rehabilitation, rental development, homelessness, public services, and neighborhood redevelopment. We are looking for a professional Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all of the organization's operations. Responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and capability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Supports the Community Development Director in ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in a timely, correct manner; identifies and corrects inefficiencies through highly effective management of staff and resources; and brings new strategies forward.
Manages multiple projects simultaneously; coordinates staff and resources, and liaise with other County departments and outside agencies to meet project timelines and achieve desired outcomes.
Ensures compliance of housing, rental, CDBG and homeless programs with state and federal law, and local agreements.
Coordinates and ensures the completion of all department annual and quarterly reports required by funding agencies and the County.
Act as the principal liaison with the Fiscal Services Department: reviews and approves payments in Tyler/MUNIs; approves vouchers in the Federal Financial Systems (IDIS and DRGR); assists in developing a budget that meets program and administrative goals; ensures all purchase orders have enough funding in the proper accounts, and that funding is available to complete all projects anticipated for the year; assists with audit requirements.
Supervises the management of a multi-million dollar loan portfolio; ensures that all accounts are correct and reconciled; proper procedures are recorded and followed; and corrective actions are taken as needed.
Supervises, trains, develops, communicates and coordinates activities of staff. Reviews, updates, and develops policies and procedures for internal operations. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge and experience of interpreting and applying Federal and State grant sources to include but not limited to:
- United States Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HUD Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- HUD Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- HUD Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG)
- State of Florida State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP)
- Must be team oriented and able to work with multiple internal and external departments
- Possesses high-degree of analysis and logical reasoning skills to address multi-faceted issues
- Ability to properly handle sensitive or confidential information, complex situations, and coordinate multiple functions while attending to additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret applicable rules, statutes, and codes
- Proficiency in software and web-based applications to include: IDIS, DRGR, Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and department loan servicing software
- Ability to perform value analysis
- Ability to implement and monitor contracts and agreements
- Ability to compile and complete reports and maintain records
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in urban and regional planning, political science, business administration, public administration or related field and five (5) years experience in government operations and/or administration OR a Master's Degree and three (3) years of experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a
reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
provides to Veterans, that applicants.
Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC
appointment will be given to preference-eligible
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
http://www.pascocountyfl.net OR FILED ELECTRONICALLY AT
7536 State Street,
New Port Richey, FL 34654
EXAM #1718-248 OPERATIONS MANAGER COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Operations Manager Community Development Supplemental Questionnaire
- I am aware that the following supplemental questions will determine my eligibility for this position.
- Which best describes your highest level of education completed: High School or GED
Bachelor's Degree Master's Degree Doctorate
None of the Above
* 3. Which best describes your years of experience as required for this position: Ten or more years of experience
Nine years but less than ten
Eight years but less than nine Seven years but less than eight Six years but less than seven Five years but less than six Four years but less than five Three years but less than four Two years but less than three
One year but less than two years Less than one year of experience
- 4. Do you have a valid driver's license?
- 5. Are you a current Pasco County BOCC employee?
Are you a veteran who served as a member of the armed forces of the United States during a period of war, defined in Title 38, U.S.C., and who was separated from such service under honorable conditions, or the surviving spouse of any such veteran?(Supporting documentation needed at time of application or next business day)
- 7. I hereby acknowledge that Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law, and consent to pre-employment drug/alcohol testing, and agree to abide by the program and policy if employed by Pasco County BOCC.
- 8. Have you recently retired from the Florida Retirement System (FRS), within the last 12 months? (A recent retiree is someone who has not yet received the initial 12 months of pension payments or an investment plan member who took a distribution in the last 12 months).
- 9. Please specifically explain how your prior work experience and education match the qualifications for this position. (1000 characters or less)
- Required Question