Payables Support Specialist
The salary is range is $48,562 to $62,051. The position will be posted until 5/18/18 ( or extended until filled)
The Payables Support Specialist provides a specialized level of support with the day to day operations of an assigned department of the Clerk & Comptroller. This position provides training assistance and guidance to others, develops policies and procedures, assists with processing of financial/accounting records and transactions, and performs special projects as assigned. Examples of special projects may include, but are not limited to, assisting with process improvement initiatives, researching best practices, and implementing new system processes. This position requires knowledge of financial systems and the use of various reporting systems. Work requires acute attention to detail, the ability to process and monitor multiple priorities within established time frames, and a strong ability to communicate effectively in both a verbal and written manner.
The Clerk’s office has demanding timelines and we need an experienced specialist who has a strong sense of urgency and commitment to public service, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about providing outstanding customer service and desires a challenging and rewarding career.
For those candidates who qualify, the Clerk & Comptroller’s office offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability plans plus participation in the FRS retirement plan.
ROLE OF THE POSITION:
The Successful candidate performs the following key duties:
- Maintains, monitors, and audits financial/accounting records and transactions (e.g., journal entries, invoices, payment requests, etc.), as needed, ensuring process is completed within required timeframe
- Confers with various internal and external entities in processing and resolving department issues, i.e. management, internal and external auditors and department staff
- Analyzes and reviews various processes and items specific to assigned area for accuracy, regulatory compliance and/or adherence to policies and procedures
- Participates in unit planning and development initiatives; develops policies and procedures, and modifies existing policies and procedures to enhance efficiency of the department
- Prepares documents received, audits and corrects any adjustments if necessary; processes corrections, cancellations, manual checks, etc. in accordance with policy and governing authorities
- Performs advanced accounting clerical tasks requiring specialized knowledge of unit processes, policies, and procedures; functions with considerable independence and initiative in researching accounting discrepancies, inconsistencies, and out‐of‐balance conditions
- Conducts special projects or research as assigned
- Utilizes various automated business management systems in processing and submitting payment actions such as auto generated reports and interfaces
- Functions with considerable independence and initiative in researching and following up to resolve errors, discrepancies, or out-of-balance conditions
- Provides training, assistance and guidance to other department employees in applicable processes and procedures
- Participates in department cross-training initiatives to acquire knowledge and skill sets to support efficient functioning
- Assists in new systems and/or system upgrade evaluation, planning, deployment, and support
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will have experience with payables along with the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Four (4) years of recent and relevant experience , preferably for a governmental or similar public agency, that includes public finance administration and automated financial systems; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience