Position: MANAGER, FAIR EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMS
Salary Range: $72,729 Annually
Department: Human Resources
Location: 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406
Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday; will require occasional evening hours for meetings.
Other: Valid Florida Driver's License and PBC Risk Management Department driving history approval prior to appointment.
Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners, a diverse local government with 6,000+ employees in 30+ departments, seeks a Manager of the Fair Employment Programs section of the County Human Resources Department. This position plans, supervises, and directs Equal Employment Compliance professional and paraprofessional staff and programs. Develops and manages programs and activities to enhance career opportunities for County employees, and ensures compliance with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) regulations and Affirmative Action (AA) guidelines.
- Manages development programs, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and EEO compliance
- Develops, implements and monitors employee development and
- Develops programs and reporting systems to monitor employment decisions to prevent and eliminate any discriminatory practices and to correct under-representation of women and minorities wherever it occurs in the County workforce
- Recommends remedial actions
- Provides technical assistance and current EEO/AA/FMLA information to government officials, managers, supervisors and personnel staff on the provisions of EEO/AA/FMLA legislation and case law trends
- Oversees the development of training programs for various organizational levels to improve the quality of supervision as it relates to equal employment opportunity
- Develops and disseminates EEO/AA/FMLA handbooks, policy statements and/or programs
- Files the annual EEO-4 Report with the State and Local Reporting Committee of the EEOC
- Develops and presents the County's position in response to EEOC and Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHR) charges of discrimination filed with federal and state enforcement agencies against the Board of County Commissioners
- Monitors all general administrative and personnel policies, rules, changes as necessary to eliminate any discriminatory practices and to enhance management/employee relations through optimum development of the career potential of employees
This position exercises an extremely high degree of independent judgment and initiative to develop, implement and monitor employee development, FMLA, and EO/AA programs. The incumbent will receive guidance and general direction from the Director of Human Resources but is expected to independently develop and administer the program.
The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and participation in the Florida Retirement System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related and three (3) years progressively responsible administrative or managerial experience in administering EEO/AA that includes developing and implementing training programs for adults. Equivalency: Unrelated B.A./B.S. and five (5) years of related experience that includes developing and implementing training for adults.
PREFERENCE FOR: J.D./LLM with concentration in public policy/human rights/employment law/related; professional experience in the development, implementation, compliance and monitoring of EEO/AA/nondiscrimination/FMLA programs/policies; knowledge of statistical methods used in EEO analysis (must specify methods used); professional experience preparing and presenting findings and reports to varied audiences on sensitive subject matters (must describe audiences); local government experience.
Visit www.pbcgov.jobs for job description and to apply online. May submit scannable application/resume with any Veteran’s Preference documentation to Palm Beach County Human Resources, 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406 Info 561/616-6888 Fax 561/616-6893 (No e-mail applications/resumes accepted). Applications/resumes must include Job ID number, and will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 22, 2017. EO/AA M/F/D/V (DFWP), Drug Free Work Place; All employees of Palm Beach County may be required to work before, during and/or after a natural or man-made disaster or hurricane.