Business Analyst Sr. – Finance Services
The salary is range is $53,540 to $68,412. The position will be posted until 5/18/18 ( or extended until filled)
The Business Analyst, Senior functions as the lead coordinator in the Finance Department. This position is responsible for professional, technical, and administrative work involving business systems (applications/programs), operations, production, business practices, workflow, organization research, analyzing work and workflows. The incumbent analyzes, evaluates, and recommends technical solutions to problems and participates in implementing, supporting and documenting technical and business systems. Additional duties may include user training, documentation, procedures, and report preparation. This position is also responsible for creating, planning and ensuring timely completion of projects, interacting with users and vendors, and troubleshooting problems.
The Clerk’s office has demanding timelines and we need an experienced specialist who has a strong sense of urgency and commitment to public service, is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about providing outstanding customer service and desires a challenging and rewarding career.
For those candidates who qualify, the Clerk & Comptroller’s office offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability plans plus participation in the FRS retirement plan.
ROLE OF THE POSITION:
The Successful candidate performs the following key duties:
- Assists with complex problem solving; provides input, guidance, and business expertise; may act as the lead for a group of Business Analysts
- Conducts project planning and implementation; monitors status of projects in relation to projected timetable; estimates timetable and presents project status updates to management; identifies problem trends and areas for improvement
- Prioritizes and coordinates projects including cross-functional projects; actively participates and/or leads team in the accurate and timely completion of tasks and assignments
- Coordinates and participates in problem resolution, particularly when the problem involves mission-critical areas
- Assists with the development, documentation, and review of department policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains written procedures, checklists, and related documentation relating to business analysis functions
- Assists management in ensuring staff compliance with approved policies and procedures, business analysis best practices and applicable regulatory standards
- Consults and communicates with supervisor, finance staff, other departments, outside agency personnel, and other individuals to exchange information, provide technical expertise, identify and troubleshoot problems or give/receive advice/direction
- Works collaboratively with and provides assistance to both internal and external auditors, i.e., responding to inquiries, providing relevant business analysis related data
- Acts as subject matter expert to system users by relating business/functional requirements to system capabilities; acts as a functional technical coordinator for large projects; performs as liaison to internal and external customers as necessary, which may include county agencies
- Performs systems research, logic designs and minor programming; prepares system flow diagrams; develops record layouts; designs forms and specifications; develops system procedures; prepares computer programs; designs system enhancements
- Collects and analyzes the project’s business requirements and prepares accurate and detailed functional requirements specification documents, and user interface guides
- Assists in new systems and/or system upgrade evaluation, planning, deployment, and support
- Coordinates business units/groups responsible for testing, validating, and evaluating new or upgraded applications and functions, to determine issues in services and software; assists business units/groups in the design and execution of test scripts and scenarios
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical abilities along with the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Analysis, Accounting or related field,
- Five (5) years of recent and relevant experience in analyzing problems and gathering and documenting requirements; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient at working in both project (business requirements/analysis, implementation, upgrade) and application support (troubleshooting, business improvements, issue management) roles
- Leadership experience along with working knowledge of Advantage Financials, and SAP Crystal Reporting strongly preferred.