The Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of Director of Fleet Management.
Closing Date: Until filled.
Directs and manages subordinate managers, supervisors, and employees in Fleet Management. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this section. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include approving time off, overtime, and payroll; interviewing and training employees; planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; revising or changing procedures; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; providing guidance and counseling; addressing complaints and assisting subordinates in resolving work problems.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in an upper level fleet management/leadership role; additional advanced education can be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience. Director of a medium to large commercial fleet or government fleet experience preferred. (Agency Fleet consists of approximately 1900 vehicles.)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require passing agency biennial driver’s physical exam and a good driving history.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Must have a high level of integrity.
- Must have the ability to express, apply, and demonstrate administrative policies and procedures as well as relevant state statutes, federal laws and regulations, industry standards, and safety procedures (specifically EPA, OSHA, rules and regulations, city and county ordinances, etc.).
- Must have advanced computer skills to include Word: track changes, headers, footers, create Mail Merges and complex tables, insert graphics; Excel: set up and design charts, filter data, formulas, complex functions, and use mathematical and statistical functions; PowerPoint: create interactive presentations, apply hyperlinks, utilize graphics, and automate slide production.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (e.g. small office equipment, paper, presentation material).
- The noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends and available for 24 hour on-call.
Salary Range: $66,934 - $101,441
Please visit our website www.ocso.com and review the job requirements listed in the "Civilian Positions” section under "Careers". In order to be considered for this position, you MUST complete your online Management Civilian application on that website. This posting is for the Orange County Sheriff's Office located in Orlando, Florida.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is a Veteran Friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.