Job Title: Deputy County Administrator
Salary: $90,182 (DOQ)
Organization: Okeechobee County Board of County Commissioners
304 NW 2nd Street
Okeechobee, FL 34972
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Okeechobee County, Florida
(Pop. 41,605; 50,399 seasonal, 772 sq. mi. rural county on Lake Okeechobee, second largest freshwater lake in U.S. Major industries: retail trade, agriculture and construction. $112M budget.)
Include but not limited to the following:
- Conducts fact finding studies, reviews departmental budget requests and observes operations and determines changes needed to departmental policies or procedures for assigned departmental area(s).
- Initiates and carries through to completion special programs and projects as directed by the County Administrator.
- Excellent computer, analytical, interpersonal and oral/written communications skills essential.
- Work is reviewed by the County Administrator through conferences, reports and observation of results achieved.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public/Business Administration, Civil Engineering or related field; minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible managerial experience or
- Equivalency Unrelated Bachelor's Degree and ten (10) years of related experience.
- Preference for Government management work experience and Civil Engineering.
- Valid Florida Driver's License
- Resume and five (5) work related references.
- Ability to establish county residency, if selected.
The Okeechobee County Board of County Commissioners provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and participation in the Florida Retirement System.
This is an At-will position and requires confirmation by the Okeechobee County Board of County Commissioners.
Visit www.co.okeechobee.fl.us for an application and to apply online. May submit application and resume with any Veteran's Preference documentation to Okeechobee County Human Resources, 304 NW 2nd Street, room 103, Okeechobee, Florida 34972. For further information contact Human Resources at 863-763-9312 ext. 3. EO/AA M/F/D/V, Drug Free Work Place; All employees of Okeechobee County may be required to work before, during and/or after a natural or man-made disaster or hurricane.