Help for Aetna members and customers in areas affected by Hurricane Irma
Due to Hurricane Irma, and the expected impact to Florida, people may have had to leave their homes. As a result, we are making it easier for our members to refill prescriptions and obtain necessary care. All Florida counties are impacted.
Please remember that our affected members can seek emergency care anywhere, as needed.
Members don’t have to wait for prescriptions
We have modified the prescription refill policies to meet the prescription drug needs of our members in the affected areas:
- Members who left without their medications can refill their prescriptions early.
- Members whose mail-order medications may have been damaged or destroyed are able to get refills (with applicable cost sharing).
- Members whose plans require them to use mail-order for certain medications can fill these prescriptions at a local pharmacy during the emergency period.
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy has been contacting members in the affected areas who are expecting deliveries, so they can make sure the members are able to receive their medications at their original or an alternative address.
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery is filling orders for the affected areas; however some streets may become blocked or closed. This might prevent both UPS and USPS from making deliveries. Therefore members might be experiencing service delays in those areas. If UPS and USPS are unable to deliver to an address, they will hold the delivery. Members can contact customer service to request alternative delivery sites, or fill their prescriptions at a local pharmacy during the emergency period.
Additional assistance for our members
Authorization and pre-notification requirements are waived for 30 days from September 4 through October 3 for commercial and Medicare members in the affected areas for medically necessary and otherwise covered care. Late notification penalties are waived for all procedures completed in the affected areas.
Our Medicare members can seek care from any provider at any facility as needed throughout the declared disaster.
Additionally, many offices are currently closed around the state. It is uncertain when they may be reopened.
Our Member Services and Clinical Services numbers continue to be available to members and providers.
Commercial Plans and Medicare PPO Plans 1-800-624-0756
Medicare HMO Plans 1-855-423-9420
All Other Plans 1-888-MDAetna (1-888-632-3862)
Commercial HMO and PPO Plans 1-866-847-8235
Medicare Advantage Plans 1-800-847-3995
Coventry National and First Health Plans 1-800-937-6824