Director of Employee Services in the Florida Keys for Monroe County
Manages the Human Resources, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Safety programs with 11 employees, a budget of $26,000,000. Oversees the operation of Monroe County’s self-insured group insurance health plan, employee benefits, self-insured workers’ compensation and safety program along with recruitment and retention of approximately 500 employees. The self-insured group health plan and workers’ compensation program covers all Monroe County employees including Constitutional Officer Employees – approximately 1,200 employees.
Director of Employee Services Responsibilities
- Plans, supervises and manages the employee personnel, health insurance, life insurance, workers’ compensation and safety programs
- Prepare, review, edit and monitor the Employee Services Budget
- Provide policy recommendations on issues and programs of the County Administrator, the BOCC and other Departments.
- Creates requests for proposals (RFPs) and evaluates respondents for programs
- Participate in Union Negotiations for the IAFF and Teamster bargaining units with Senior Management staff and the County Attorney
- Prepare and approve items for placement on the County Commission meeting agenda and handle presentations at meetings with staff participation as necessary
- Oversee employee investigations, grievances, employee relation issues and resolutions
- Interview and hire department staff
Director of Employee Services Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. A combination of education and experience may substitute for the formal education requirements. Seven years minimum amount of prior related experience. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
E.O.E; DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
Deadline –open until filled; 292-4557; firstname.lastname@example.org