The Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation (CCOC) is seeking a Budget Manager II with proven experience for the Tallahassee, Florida office, 2560 Barrington Circle.
The essential function of this position within the Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation is to assist with the coordination, analysis and development of the Clerk of Court state budgeting process. The incumbent in this position is responsible for coordinating, projecting, analyzing and tracking expenditures. The incumbent will also be involved in analyzing funding needs, requests and allotments, developing and evaluating objectives for budgets. This position will have the opportunity to work closely with elected officials in committee meetings, projects, etc.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
(NOTE: Examples are intended as illustrations of various types of work. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assists with design and implementation of budgets and report forms used to capture requested budget, operational budget, financial, and workload data – Excellent Excel and logic skills necessary
- Participates and often leads CCOC budget or other training and provides technical assistance as needed.
- Conducts technical reviews of Clerk Budget request which includes but is not limited to analysis of expenditure, revenue, unit cost and performance measures.
- Provides the Budget and Communications Director, Executive Director and CCOC Council with staff budget considerations.
- Assists with planning and facilitating various meetings including recording minutes, providing data and other materials, presenting agenda items or materials and providing technical assistance.
- Assists with legislative bill analysis and provides information related to the budget process and possible effects.
- Monitors the budget status for each Clerk's Office during the fiscal year and provides issue resolution assistance as needed.
- Performs data analytics on historical and current data for multiple purposes, including observing trends and forecasting variables.
- Assists with the compilation of the Clerks of Court legislative budget request.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, public administration, or communications and one-year experience, in governmental budgeting, finance or accounting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Microsoft Excel – Advanced Level Knowledge including Lookups, Pivot Tables, Forecasting, etc.
Microsoft Word – Intermediate Level Knowledge including basic mail merge and formatting techniques
Microsoft PowerPoint – Intermediate Level Knowledge including design basics and transitions
Microsoft Outlook – Intermediate Level knowledge including mail forwarding and using shared folders
SUBMISSION OF RESUME
Please submit your resume and a State of Florida Application to firstname.lastname@example.org