Perform functions to analyze and facilitate budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable, payroll and general financial operations, guided by County oversight and practices, and working within the limits of established policy.
Essential Functions: This list represents the essential tasks performed by the position. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as required.
- Work with Executive Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Department Heads and others to develop and analyze annual budget for presentation to the Board of Directors. Work with County Staff and Chief Administrative Officer to develop revenue projections and identify carryover funds. Distribute budget request worksheets to Department Heads; analyze, review, modify, assemble and finalize budget draft for presentation to the Executive Director.
- Create, analyze and monitor monthly operational and financial reports against budgets, track expenditures and revenue, review variances, and work with Department Heads to determine causes. Prepares and reviews financial statements, completes variance analysis and department allocations. Consult with the Executive Director to ensure that business needs are met within budget constraints.
- Monitor compliance with purchasing policy and ensure that all purchases are made within policy. Audit utilization of purchasing cards (Pcards) to ensure compliance. Review all expenditures and process invoices for payment. Audit invoices, reconcile statements, obtain back up documentation, investigate, analyze and resolve discrepancies, and apply general ledger coding. Review accounts payable invoices with Executive Director or designated appointee and recommend payment schedule and the movement of funds to accommodate budgeted expenditures. Package invoices and prepare transmittal for payment by County.
- Supervise payroll processing. Working with Senior HR Representative, prepare and implement payroll policies, procedures and systems. Supervise the Payroll Specialist responsible for inputting, preparing and processing payroll. Ensure compliance with federal law and Lake EMS policies and procedures.
- Prepare documentation for the deposit of revenue received.
- Receive and review leases for real property. Negotiate favorable lease terms. Ensure prompt payment of rents and monitors leases for renewal.
- Manage fixed asset records and prepare fixed asset reports relating to new acquisitions or disposal of capital assets. Manage Property management activity in Support services with respect to property transfer, disposition, and the annual physical inventory.
- Reviews insurance of contractors for required coverages, and ensures that proper documentation is on file to support paying contractors and vendors.
- Perform special projects related to finance or support operations as assigned.
- Assists in Interviewing, selection, and training of any assigned staff. Provide technical direction and guidance. Evaluate performance and provide counseling and coaching to assigned staff. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Ensure that work is carried out in compliance with all company policy and regulatory requirements.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Use computer, usual peripherals, databases, spreadsheets and word processing software, and standard office equipment. Use accounting desk calculator.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in accounting, finance or related field required. A comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of four years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, with governmental accounting experience preferred.
- Payroll preparation and payroll tax filing experience required.
Hours of work/Hours per week/hours per pay period:
- 8 hours per day, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. 40 hours per week/80 hours per pay period. May be required to work additional hours including weekends.
Lake EMS Administration Building (Mount Dora)
To apply for this position please go to : http://www.lakeems.org/career