ORGANIZATION: Hillsborough County Public Works Department
POSITION: Professional Engineer II (Stormwater Management)
SALARY RANGE: $85,000.00 - $96,990.40/year
The Stormwater Management Engineer performs licensed professional engineering as supervisor and team lead responsible for developing Hillsborough County’s stormwater program asset preservation and flood protection capital improvement projects. Responsibilities will include analyzing and producing recommended 5 and 10 year capital improvement project needs based on available budgets, design submittal review and quality control, in-house project design, stormwater technical manual revision and update support, and grant and cooperative funding initiatives. Close coordination with residents, management, maintenance and construction service units, other staff and consultants will be required.
- Three years of post-registration experience as a Professional Engineer.
- an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below;
- Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer
- Manages and develops stormwater capital improvement projects, including data collection, sub-basin delineation, time-of-concentration determination, curve number calculation, determination of watershed conveyance system, structures, storage, hydraulic resistance, and other factors to be included in the formulation and development of a computer model.
- Performs stormwater level of service per County Comprehensive Plan, identifies and prioritizes the deficiencies of conveyance system, performs alternative analysis and develops/recommends the final solutions.
- Makes appropriate adjustments to hydrologic and/or hydraulic model in order to match model results against observed data.
- Verifies/reviews the input of hydrological/hydraulic model and its results.
- Performs FEMA or similar benefit cost analysis process
- Reviews the appropriateness of recommendations for alleviation of stormwater deficiencies.
- Reviews planning-level costs for recommended stormwater improvement projects for reasonableness.
- Reviews, signs and seals subordinate staff work.
- Oversees a public works project/program.
- Manages the capital improvement program (CIP) award and procurement.
- Signs and seals engineering documents.
- Recommends staffing requirements and budgets.
- Supervises the work of professional and technical subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Evaluates bids for consultant performance.
- Develops large and complex project goals, objectives, strategies, policies, procedures and budgets.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO