City of Moore Haven
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
The City of Moore Haven operates under a 5-member City Council elected at large. The City provides water, sewer, electric and sanitation with a current operational budget of $7 million, 22 full time employees and 3 part time employees. Applicants must possess skills and abilities including, but not limited to: public works, budget preparation and management, intergovernmental relation experience, economic development, knowledge of electric and water utilities and be proficient in the use of computers.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in public or business administration, electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field; and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in local government and utilities administration, including experience at a top management level; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of modern principles and practices of public administration;
- Knowledge of electrical and utilities engineering;
- Knowledge of municipal organization and departmental functions, staffing and operating procedures;
- Knowledge of Charter provisions, ordinances and state laws governing the administration and utilities operations of city government;
- Ability of plan, assign, delegate and direct the work of administrative and supervisory personnel;
- Ability to develop long-term plans and programs and to evaluate work accomplishments; and
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
The employee in this position will be responsible for the operations, maintenance and extension of the utilities’ systems, as well as supervision of all general government departments. The position requires the exercise of mature judgment and the application of knowledge of the City’s functional and structural organizations and programs in meeting a wide variety of work problems involving public and interdepartmental relations. Work is performed with considerable independence, but in close cooperation with the City Council, which outlines the policies to be observed.
Please submit resume, cover letter and references to
City Clerk Maxine Brantley
City of Moore Haven
P.O. Box 399
Moore Haven, FL 33471
Position is open until filled.
The City of Moore Haven is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug-Free Workplace.