DRAFTER/CADD TECHNICIAN: Flagler County Government is accepting resumes and completed County Employment Applications to work as a Drafter/CADD Technician in the Office of the County Engineer.
DUTIES INCLUDE: Intermediate level technical work in connection with field of Civil Engineering and Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD), performed in the office or field under general supervision of the County Engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Coordinates with engineering staff in the preparation of conceptual site layouts, permit exhibits, maps, drawings, detailed construction plans, and performs other design related tasks as needed. Also;
• Prepares conceptual site layouts and exhibit sketches.
• Produces plans, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, construction details, etc. for highways, roads, storm water management, traffic control plans, utility improvements, and other projects using Autodesk AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Downloads and uploads raw survey data various sources. Interprets and utilizes survey data in conjunction with other design data. Files and manages data for accurate record keeping.
• Reads and understands survey plans, maps and design drawings.
• Reviews and checks surveys and drawings from self and others for accuracy and provides comments and makes corrections as needed.
• Performs design related tasks under the supervisions of engineering staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalency, supplemented by drafting courses and surveying or engineering courses.
• 3-5 year experience in drafting and/or design utilizing AutoDesk products.
• Experience in Autodesk Civil 3D
• Possession of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
Salary range begins at $16.12 per hour (DOE) Applications are being accepted at Flagler County BOCC Human Resources Department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg #2, Bunnell, FL 32110. Position will remain open until filled. Flagler County is a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. EOE/VP