Salary Range: $91,062.40 - $150,051.20 Annually
Salary commensurate with experience
The Escambia County BCC is recruiting for a Department Director – Public Works to be a part of our team. As Public Works Director, you will make a positive impact on the community while earning competitive pay and enjoying great benefits. The ideal candidate is an ethical leader skilled in public works administration and is a strategic thinker equally skilled with producing tactical solutions and possessing strong analytical skills and an effective business acumen. Reporting to the County Administrator, the Public Works Director is a member of the executive management team for the county.
Representative duties include:
- Performs ongoing evaluation and improvement of service delivery systems, researches for innovative systems and techniques by which to better serve the Department's clients.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long-range plans; research, collect, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports, and recommendations; coordinate departmental activities with other departments, the county administrator, and agencies as needed.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are preformed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Manages the Local Agency Program (LAP) requirements for capital projects funded by the Florida Department of Transportation.
- Manages the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) permitting for the County as regulated by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP)
- Advises the County Administrator on the activities and needs of the department and the results of its overall operations.
- Represents the Department before the Board of County Commissioners; presents issues, projects, proposals, and recommendations for Board action.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, civil engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight years’ experience as a Professional Engineer which five years must be in a supervisory/ management position.
- State of Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required or the ability to obtain within six months of employment.
For more information on job position, benefits, and to apply visit: www.myescambia.com/jobs