Escambia County, Department Director – Facilities
Starting Salary: $85,883.20 to $98,779.20
Salary commensurate with experience
The Escambia County BCC is recruiting for a Department Director – Facilities to be a part of our team. As Facilities Director, you will make a positive impact on the community while earning competitive pay and enjoying great benefits. The ideal candidate is passionate about facilities management, a strategic thinker equally skilled with producing tactical solutions and possessing strong analytical skills and an effective business acumen. Reporting to the Assistant County Administrator, the Facilities Management Director is a member of the executive management team for the county.
The Escambia County Facilities Director provides safe, clean and comfortable facilities for county departments, agencies, and the citizens who frequent them. The department is also responsible for the maintenance, repair and security of county-owned and leased buildings, utilities, capital lease management, space needs planning and the oversight of capital improvement and renovation projects.
The position directs a team of 68 employees managing & servicing 200+ buildings with square footage exceeding 2.3 million. Current projects include the construction of a new 1473-bed county correctional facility scheduled to open in late 2019.
Representative duties include:
- Performs ongoing evaluation and improvement of service delivery systems, researches for innovative systems and techniques by which to better serve the Department's clients.
- Manages the development and prioritization of capital work, including the development of an appropriate scope of work, oversight of bid process, selection of vendors, approval of proposals, and tracking of execution of work.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are preformed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Advises the County Administrator through the Assistant County Administrator on the activities and needs of the department and the results of its overall operations.
- Represents the Department before the Board of County Commissioners; presents issues, projects, proposals, and recommendations for Board action.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related field.
- Six years’ experience in construction contract management which five years must be in a supervisory/ management position.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) Certification or other credentialing (BOMI, USGBC, LEEDS) is preferred
For more information on job position, benefits, and to apply visit: www.myescambia.com/jobs