Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority Closing Date/Time
Consulting Executive Director August 16, 2019, 5:00 p.m. EST
Summary of Duties: This is an annual contractual position; the appointment is as the Chief Executive Officer of the Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority. The position is referred to as the Executive Director and reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Authority. The position includes daily direction and operating responsibility, including managing all of the Authority's consulting contracts and project contracts as well as budgeting and financial responsibility. The Executive Director is responsible for organizing and preparing the monthly Board meeting agenda and ensuring minutes of the meeting are prepared. The Executive Director functions as the principal agent of the 13-member Board of Directors in recommending and implementing policies the Board adopts and also participates in Authority activities and performs other duties as needed. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal and state requirements.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in political science, business administration, public administration or management, or in a technical field related to water resources/water supply AND ten year's progressively responsible, related experience, INCLUDING at least five years' experience in a senior-level management capacity OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Masters or higher-level education or professional accreditation in business, management, public administration or other applicable degree field is preferred.
• Demonstrated strong leadership, management, communication and diplomacy skills are required.
• Possession of a valid Florida Driver License upon signing of contract is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of water resource-related issues, resource management, regulation and conservation theory and practice is preferred. Florida specific water resource management and development knowledge and experience is preferred.
• Education or experience in engineering, science or water-resource related field is desirable.
• Applicants are subject to a background check.
Appointment Conditions: The Executive Director is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Authority Board of Directors. The position is an annual contractual arrangement in which the consulting Executive Director is NOT an employee of the Board, but a consultant. Conditions of employment and remuneration are subject to contract negotiations. Applicants must live either in the four-county regional area or within commuting distance outside the region such that access to the office in Lecanto, to member government office locations, and/or to events within the region and state are possible.
To Apply for this Position: To receive consideration as an applicant, interested candidates must submit the following:
1. A cover letter summarizing interest in the position and relevant qualifications;
2. A current resume; and
3. The names, addresses and telephone numbers of five references, at least three of which must be work-related.
Applications should be submitted to the:
Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority
Attn: Contracting Executive Director Recruitment
3600 W Sovereign Path
Lecanto, FL 34461
Applications must be received by August 16, 2019, 5:00 p.m. EST.