Calhoun County Board of County Commissioners
Position: Emergency Management Director
Closing Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Salary range: $24,000 -$48,000 depending upon experience
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in planning, public safety, business administration, emergency medical services or a related field.
• Four years of experience in Emergency Management including two years of supervisory experience
• Any license or certifications that may be required by the County, State and Federal Government in the Emergency Management/Public Safety field.
• This is responsible professional and managerial work in coordinating and directing the development of programs that protect the public's health and safety from large-scale natural and environmental hazards posing a risk to people and property, including hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, floods and technological and/or attack related hazards.
• The employee in this class is responsible for planning, directing, and administrating all functions of the Division of Emergency Management to include response, recovery and mitigation programs that protect the public's health and safety. Work includes formulating programs and developing policies and procedures for the division; planning and educating the public on natural disasters and peacetime emergency procedures; training; providing technical assistance, hazard mitigation and disaster response and professional, technical. and support staff including planners, coordinators and volunteer workers.
• The Emergency Management Director will be supervised by the Board of County Commissioners through conferences, reports and results obtained thereof.
• The Director works independently and must determine the correct action to take in an emergency or disaster. Classifications and recommendations regarding certain policy and administrative decisions are referred to the Board of County Commissioners.
Benefits offered: Health and life insurance, retirement, holidays, annual & sick leave, employee-funded Deferred Comp as well as an FSA.
Full job description available on www.calhouncountygov.com and at CareerSource Chipola.
Applications will be accepted at:
16908 N Pear Street
Blountstown, Florida 32424
CALHOUN COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
AND AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.