Requisition Number: 27257
Job Title: Manager, NCAT Test Track
Department/Organization: Asphalt Tech Ctr
Salary Grade: 38
Salary Range: $78,900 - $131,600
- Manages the day-to-day operations and budget of the National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT) Test Track and Test Track Service Center including supervision of personnel, facilities, and trucks. Responsible for safety at the Test Track. Ensures schedules are planned and maintained to meet research needs. Serves as NCAT's primary point of contact for all activities on the Test Track property.
- Manages and oversees quality assurance testing on materials and construction of test sections. Manages storage of raw materials for Test Track construction. Coordinates sampling and shipping of materials. Manages periodic field-testing on Test Track sections. Provides project reports and maintains communications with vendors.
- Oversees and participates in the construction of the Test Track at the beginning of each cycle as well as major track repairs with a focus on management, deployment, and optimization of rented construction equipment.
- Maintains instrumentation and computer systems at the Test Track by serving as local network administrator and coordinating the activities of the instrumentation personnel.
- Presents reports at various meetings with sponsors, committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Assists with the distribution of the results of research through sponsor meetings and by forwarding data to NCAT researchers and Test Track sponsors.
- Entry in the Applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution; 8 years experience in roadway design, construction, and testing with progressively increased responsibility in scope and accountability.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience supervising, mentoring, or leading others. Extensive experience in pavement management, and/or pavement construction in the United States required.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time this appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the following: a letter of interest stating applicant's qualifications and experience for this position, and a current detailed resume' including names and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Only complete application materials will be considered for selection.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment.
Desired Qualifications: Master's degree in Civil Engineering. Professional Engineer licensure.
Posting Date: 09-22-2017
Close Date: 10-13-2017
Job Class Code: HC67
Job Category: Administrative Grade 34 and above
Quicklink for Posting: www.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=191618
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.